We look forward to welcoming you to the 21st BSI World Bromeliad Conference, hosted by the Hawaii Bromeliad Society.
Included in this issue:
• The Registration form – Please read it carefully. Remember, you are entitled to the only discounted rate that will be offered for this conference if you supported the 2012 Orlandiana event. Take advantage of the savings and remit your registration before March 15, 2013.
• The tentative Schedule of Events – Please understand that times and events may change over the next year, but we believe that the schedule will be an educational, entertaining and exciting week of beautiful Bromeliads in Paradise.
Here’s the Highlights:
An entire day of International Speakers
Home & Garden Tours on Oahu, including Sharon Pettersen’s Nursery Plant Sale Participation in the Honolulu Saturday Morning Farmer’s Market
We have included a variety of Optional Tours in the schedule. Here are tentative prices and tours. We are not taking reservations or payments for the tours at this time; we will give you the details and payment instructions in a few months via the new BSI website and the Conference Corner in the Journal.
• Wednesday Evening – Paradise Cove Luau The Ultimate Hawaiian Experience – $105.00 per person
• All Day Saturday – Dole Plantation & Polynesian Cultural Center A beautiful day on Oahu – includes Lunch – $115.00 per person
• All Day Sunday – Fly to Hilo – Visit David Fell’s Hawaiian Sunshine Nursery, David Shiigi’s Bromeliads Hawaii and the famous volcanos of the Big Island – Airfare, Breakfast & Lunch included – $225.00 per person.
We have selected the Ala Moana Hotel as conference headquarters and hope that you support our decision. Room rates range from $145 – $165 and reservations will be available thru the hotel web site very soon, please continue to monitor the new BSI web site for further instructions.
Please know that BSI appreciates your support and looks forward to seeing you in